Saturday, January 26, 2013

First 10k Run Complete!

I finally completed my first 10k run! My time was 1:04:33. I was aiming for under an hour, but hey, it's my personal best and I can only improve on it now.

I was super nervous beforehand, and was worried how much slower I would be than others and if I would cramp up and not finish the race.

However, it was EASY. The one thing I realized is your performance does not depend on race day, but rather in your preparation.


I was ready for this run, and that's why it was so easy for me. Not once did I want to stop, not once did I think about quitting. Because I knew I had already done this in my training, so there was no excuse for me to not complete this run.

Always be ready. Put in the work. Because that is what matters. That is the real test. The test of your discipline, your commitment. Reaching your goal is just the inevitable outcome.

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road - long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment