Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I'm Still Here

To say I've been away a while would be a huge understatement! This is just a quick update on what I've been up to and how I've progressed in the fitness department.

It may seem like I lost interest in this whole 'project', but that's definitely not true. I've had a few setbacks, due to lack of motivation at times, and certain interruptions in my life, but I have continued my fitness regime. I stopped being regular for around 4 or 5 months after my last post, but tried to stay on track by forcing myself to work out at home at least 2 or 3 times a week. It wasn't enough, and I ended up ballooning back up to 200+ lbs by September 2011.

Since then, I've changed countries, joined a university, and am enjoying some awesome gym facilities at a club/dorm. I made another commitment to continue where I left off from the previous year, and now (February 2012) I have managed to make it to 176 lbs!  That's the lightest I've weighed in 10 years! I have also developed a love for running, and I the most I can do on my cardio days is 7km non-stop in roughly 40 minutes. I'm aiming to get up to 10k in 60 minutes. It's a big challenge for me, but I've noticed that the more fat I shed and the lighter I get, the further I can run (duh!). Getting to your second and third 'wind' is an amazing rush. I'm totally addicted.

Anyhow, this was just a short update. I shall provide more detailed info regarding my current fitness strategy and goals in another post soon.

Cheers to anyone who's been following, and if I've ever managed to get any of you off your asses, hit me up with a comment or email (fudzzz@gmail.com).

Believe. Achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment