Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Week 18: Race to Which Mountain?

Alas, no weight loss. That does not necessarily mean there's no fat loss, however. I've realized that weight should not be the determining factor in measuring improvements from this new regime. Though I would love to get to my ideal weight of 170 - 175 lbs sometime this year, it should not be my weekly goal.

This past week, I went hiking three times. Once was yesterday, right after hitting the gym. Let me say that before I started, I thought hiking would be a painful and unhappy undertaking, as it always used to be when I was younger. Boy, was I wrong! It is the most exhilarating thing to conquer your fears and overcome your obstacles, especially when you reach the point when every step begins to hurt. You really learn a lot about yourself when you keep on moving uphill no matter how much further you have to go. I love hiking now. The feeling you get when you reach the top of the conquered hill/mountain is brilliant.

This is the first time in my life I've hiked to the top non-stop. This shows how much my stamina has improved since I first started the regime all those weeks ago. It took me roughly 25-30 minutes to hike up. After a few minutes rest, I jogged all the way down in 15-20 minutes, which is also a feat in itself.

I am keen to see what effect all this hiking will have on next week's weigh-in. However, like I said, weight will not be a deciding factor for long, once I get back from the UK with skin calipers. I leave for my UK trip in less than two months.

The one dilemma I'm currently facing is that I have only been getting six hours of sleep everyday since the FIFA World Cup started. I may have to resort to getting an hour or two's shuteye in the early evenings (Football matches go on till 1:30 AM, my time).

No comments:

Post a Comment