Monday, March 15, 2010

Week 5: Carbs and Abs

I weighed myself this morning and am a bit over 199 lbs, but definitely less than 200 lbs. This means I've lost at least half a pound. I am not too happy with that, but then again, it hopefully means my muscle is staying put.

As for body fat %, it's difficult to find any sort of skin calipers where I live, so I am not sure how to go about it. I have asked a cousin to send me a pair from overseas.

Since I have lost only half a pound of weight, it must mean either I'm holding more water weight (which could be true since I have crossed 1 gallon of water/day) or I'm still over my calorie limit. I have stopped using the 'Lose it!' iPhone application this past week, since it is a hassle to keep track of, and I'm sure I'm getting the measurements wrong. However, after using the app for a month, I have gotten a fairly good idea about calories in most foods. Starting a few days ago, I decided to decrease my calorie consumption in order to increase my daily calorie deficit. Hopefully that will bring the verdict in my favor at next week's weigh-in.

I have also decreased carb consumption later in the day. I now eat most of my carbs in the morning/lunch/afternoon snack meals, because I can use up the energy at the gym in the evenings, and since I am usually sitting/lying idle afterward.

I have also, as of yesterday, added abs exercises to my gym routine. I was afraid of getting cramps, but the 'Beginner Level 1' exercises I took from "The Truth about Six Pack Abs" book (that I mentioned in on of my earlier posts), although strenuous on the abs, were surprisingly cramp-free. I'll gradually work my way up to the higher, and more vigorous, levels. I still have a lot of fat to trim anyway, before I can ever hope to see my abs.

The excellent news is that I can actually see my waist has reduced considerably. I must remember to measure it later today. If it's good news, I may update this blog tomorrow. If not, then I'll be too busy crying and throwing a tantrum. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment